DUIs are a serious criminal offense that can ruin you financially, emotionally, and socially. Don’t let yourself fall victim to DUI laws. Check out these helpful online resources so you can be an informed driver and citizen.
- During a DUI traffic stop there are several opportunities for you to inadvertently or accidentally waive several of your rights. To learn about how to make sure you are protected, check out this article from the National Motorist Association about conducting yourself at a traffic stop.
- Police officers may push the boundaries of their profession if they suspect you of a DUI. There are steps you can take to make sure that you do not fall victim to an overly aggressive police officer. Check out this article and videos from FlexYourRights.org for more information.
- If you are pulled over for a suspected DUI, then make sure you know how to protect your rights. This blog post from the Online Lawyer discusses how pleading the 5th when confronted by an officer may help you minimize the amount of trouble you are in.
- What is the 5th amendment and how does it protect you? To learn the answers to these questions, check out this page from FindLaw about preventing self-incrimination in a variety of legal situations.
- Wondering what the DUI and DWI laws are in Maryland? Check out this page from DMV.org for up-to-date information on legal parameters for DUIs and DWIs.